Dear MLC Students,
I have some good news for you. And I hope you will read this message carefully and share it with your college-mates and friends if they haven’t had a chance to read it. This message will be uploaded to our MLC website.
MLC, as the other RCs will give out a total of MOP100,000 scholarship to you, the first year students according to your contributions to the College. The contributions are divided into three categories with respect to the College Vision and Mission:
- Leadership to the College. This includes initiating and organizing College wide and College related events or participating in organizing College events and activities such as organizing Moon Festival celebration, Semester End Jinguo Party, Voice of New RCs, Chinese Calligraphy Group, etc.
- Community Service to the College, such as assisting the College to organize events and activities especially community services, including joining the Drum Team to perform at HTD, PRA reception, and other events, joining the English Police Patrol in Macau and Zhuhai during the weekends, and being helpers at College events and student activities, etc.
- Participation and Involvement in College events and activities, including (a) fulfilling the RC requirements-joining 3 College events and activities per semester, (b) actively participating in the English Language Table at lunch (Your RT will record your participation), and (c) joining the English Salon and other activity groups such as the Drum Team, the Chinese Calligraphy Group, etc.
The scholarship will be given to 18 students in three prizes:
- First Prize given to three students, each will get MOP10,000, totally MOP30,000
- Second Prize given to five students, each will get MOP6,000, totally MOP30,000
- Third Prize given to ten students, each will get MOP4,000, totally MOP40,000
Eligibility (who can apply) and Procedure:
- All our first students like you are eligible to apply
- The scholarship will be given to the students who are qualified to stay at MLC in the second year, that is in 2017-18
- Self-nomination, nominate yourself by listing your qualifications. The self-nomination will be completed by the end of this semester (spring of 2017)
- Interview by the Scholarship Committee, to be completed by the end of this semester
- Decision to be made by the Scholarship Committee in the end of the semester or beginning of next semester
- Scholarship will be given to the awardees in the fall of 2017.
All your contributions to the College are considered as the qualifications for the scholarship. I suggest you check your contributions to the College and be prepared for the self-nomination.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Have a good weekend!