Forward Message from Student Affairs Office
Dear UM students,
What if there is an event that allows you to do a good deed, exercise your body, play fun games, and receive a souveniror even a prize at the same time? Would you be interested? Sounds too good to be true? Not really! The Walk for a Million, an annual charity event organised by the Charity Fund from the Readers of Macao Daily News, gives you a chance to do just that! We invite you to join us in this year’s walk, which will take place on 10 December 2017 (Sunday).
Five good reasons for you to join:
1. [Exercise for Charity]: To get a UM windbreaker
- You decide how much you would like to donate. There is no upper or lower limit.
- Students who donate MOP50 or above and participate in the walk will each receive a UM windbreaker.
**UM Windbreaker will be given from December 6 & 7 during office hours at Student Affairs Office (Room 2006, 2/F, Student Activity Centre (E31)). The UM Windbreakers will not be given After December 7. Participates with Individual registration nomination will get the souvenir tickets after they donate MOP50 or above. The students with individual registration should show the souvenir tickets for getting souvenir. Group registration nomination will not get the souvenir tickets, and the group representative will get the UM windbreaker.**
2. [Exercise for Charity]: Win the Awards for the Most Steps The walk begins at the Macao Science Centre and ends at A-Ma Temple, covering a distance of approximately four kilometres. All participants are encouraged to record their steps covered during that day (not just during the walk, but during the entire day) with tracking apps on their smart phones. Please email a screenshot of the recorded steps to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the group of the below QR code before 5:00pm, 11 December 2017 (Monday). The three participantswith the most recorded steps will each receive an award for the Most Steps. Valid time period for step tracking: 00:00am–11:59pm, 10 December.
3. [Exercise for Charity]: Upload a photo to Facebook or WeChat Moments Rules 1) Take pictures showing your participation in the walk. 2) Upload the pictures to your Facebook or WeChat Moments, including hashtags #UM and #Walk for a Million 2017. 3) Collect a minimum of 50 likes and email a screenshot of the number of likes you get to email@example.com or to the group of the below QR code before 11:59pm, 10 December 2017. 4) All participants can collect a LOVE UM T-shirt at the Communications Office (N6-G012) from 12 December to 15 December. 5) Photo with the most Likes will be awarded. Important note: Each participant is entitled to only one LOVE UM T-shirt. Size is limited. So the T-shirts will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis. The university reserves the right to use the pictures collected from the participants as it deems fit. Scan the below QR code to join Game 2 & 3
4. [Exercise for Charity]: Win Residential College, Univesity Team and Student Organization prizes Group awards have been established to encourage participation and donation.
|Group Prizes||University Team and Student Organization with the Most Number of Participants
· Three awards for University Team and Student Organization
|Residential College with the Most Number of Participants
· Three awards for Residential College
|Residential College with the Most Donations
· Three awards for Residential College
|Individual Prizes||Most Steps ● Three awards for this category|
|Most Likes ● One award for this category|
Remarks： Certificate will be issued to the student organization and residential colleges which get the above prizes
5.[Exercise for Charity]: Get Smart Point & CS Students who attend the whole event will also be granted 1 Smart Point and 40 CS “A” in the “Leadership and Service” area. Register now! Registration Procedure: University Team, Student Organization, Residential College or Individual Registration
1) Student Centre (1st Floor of Student Activity Centre (E31))
2) Student Affairs Office (Room 2006, 2/F, Student Activity Centre (E31))
3) Postgraduate House (Room G002, G/F, Postgraduate House (S3))
4) Residential Colleges Administrative Offices
5) UM Sport Complex Office
Remarks: The student organization in residential colleges SHOULD use the nomination of residential colleges to register Deadline for registration: 29 November (Wednesday) 5pm [For Ｕniversity Team, student organization and residential colleges： please fill in the attached form and email to Student Affairs Office Mr. Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org), and print to submit the form to the Student Activity Centre (E31) Room 2006 with the donation before the deadline] E-form Group Registration.xlsx ************************************************************************************************************
Details of the walk
Date：10 December 2017 (Sunday)
Place : Macao Cultural Centre (front entrance) [see the map]
Attire : Please wear the UM windbreaker
Route： Macao Science Centre –> A-Ma Temple (4 kilometres)
For enquiries, please contact Ms Iris Lio from the Student Affairs Office Mr. Lam (Tel: 8822 9918 Email email@example.com) or Mr. Chong (Tel: 8822 4901 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) One step at a time, we all have the ability to do some good deeds. Hope to see you at this year’s Walk for a Million!
Best Regards, Student Affairs Office